June 1- blood clots
It was busy after we got up to
the recovery room on June 1st, but I was able to let everyone awe over
her because I knew I always had to feed her and would get her back in my
arms in no time.
My parents, Tay and Court left so we could have the rest of the afternoon and evening as a new little family.
I
was just getting settled in and thought I should try my first bathroom
break before I took a nap. Now, the first time you must have nurses help
you to just make sure everything is good. After all your body just went
through a lot delivering a baby. So I paged them and my RN and CNr came
in to help. I was instructed to just slowly get to the side of the bed
and wait then slowly stand up.
I remember feeling oh so weak! I
was sore and needed all their help to stand. We took a min then stood
up. My knees never felt so weird and weak. They asked if I were dizzy
and I told them I wasn't so I tried taking a step towards my bathroom.
Then that's when I felt really dizzy. I felt a huge gush of something
come out. They laid me back down and check it out. I was hemorrhaging
Just pushing a little on my stomach which was still a huge uterus blood
would gush out. They kept doing this and when they decided it wouldn't
stop they called my dr up. By then I had lost a lot of blood and. I felt
so dizzy from this moment on I closed my eyes and begin to pray. I
heard more and more nurses rushing in to help stabilize me. Joe was
watching over Brinley until a nurse came it to watch her and Joe came by
my side. Holding my hand and rubbing my hair and telling me what a good
job I was doing, to hang in their, that the dr was coming. All
encouraging phrases. I can't imagin what he must felt, i know my heart
was with him blessing that he could handle what was going on around his
wife as nurses tilt my bed towards my head so I wouldn't pass out.
I
think I was throwing up at some point to which I often do when my body
goes into shock. I was shaking from head to toe from the loss of blood.
The Dr came in and I don't know what he told everyone to do but it
wasn't working so the worst part that I remember was he had to go in. I
remember him telling me or Joe she is really going to hate me after
this. He had to reach with his hand up into my uterus (after just a few
hours of having a baby and also stitches down there) and had to pull
blood clots out the size of my fist. He had to push down on my stomach
while doing this and I just wanted to die. I remember one point from
keeping me from passing out was thinking of our precious new baby girl
and how grateful I was that she is here and a part of our family that I
thought I'm doing this for her! She is our everything, our forever, our
life. They hooked up a few drugs that help make my uterus contract to
push out any more blood clots. I could hear less and less nurses in
there and more encouraging words around. They order the blood and got
the transfusions going quickly. The first bag took about 3-4 hours for
it to all go in safely.
Then they did a second pint and I was
getting color back (what I was told). I don't remember much after, just
that I was really tired and wanted to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment