Saturday, May 19, 2012

38 Weeks and I'm turning around


I only say I'm 38 weeks and turning around because I thought it would be a good idea to take some birthing classes. Well, with just a few weeks left we only found 1 that fit our schedule before she came and it was an all day class that was going to cover everything. We could have easily skipped the first half...why do I need to see 2 women have their babies natural in all their pain and glory? and spare me the crowning shot...and placenta. I thought Joe was going to throw up right there! plus, we were dying when you see how old this video was. I'm sure it's older then me! oh well, I guess it was good to do once. We did enjoy the second part of the day, including the video of the happy lady with her epidural and the great message I got from Joe while I sat on a birthing ball practicing my breathing. I was so interested in the video of the epidural because I always hear it was this huge needle and yada yada yada...and just until recently I didn't know they put a catheter in and it kept the meds going! Well, after watching it Joe and I both agree my nightly shots in the butt during the first trimester with progesterone is just the same, if not worst. No longer does getting an epidural scare me...I'm ready for the good stuff.

They now say my uterus is the size of a watermelon! really? I watermelon! wow. For now I try to get in bed around 10:30 and rest while she moves around and when she starts sleeping I try to also. Then I'm usually up again at 4:30 and depends on the day if I'm up for 30 mins or 3 hours before I get some more sleep.
Yesterday I really caught up on my sleep and Champ and I practically stayed in bed until 5pm having cat naps. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to sleep when she comes and take her naps, but I'm sure now I'll be so tired that I'll be napping too!

What to expect when your expecting
After a long day in class I insisted that we go out to see this movie to have some comedy in this serious pregnant learning day. The movie was packed and yes a lot of prego ladies. It was an okay movie. I liked it, but a little different then I expected I guess, if you think you would want to see it go..it will be good. It had some humor and some tears. I loved that every women shared a different side of pregnancy. Just like every women carries her baby different in her body we all have different ways our body will deal with pregnancy.

I can now understand why many women at the end of pregnancy are sooo ready to be done and wish upon everything that their baby will come early or even on time. While I'm so excited to meet our baby girl most of the time I love placing my hands over my belly and just feeling her move around. I love seeing my pregnant belly. I love when Joe and I talk to her. I love her safe inside me. What scares me even more that we don't know when or if this will happen again so I'm trying to soak up every bit of this pregnancy and enjoy every ache and pain and happiness that this baby girl has brought to our life! I never thought I would get to have this day and sometimes I don't want it to end because I'm afraid this could be it. We got lucky once with treatment but you never know what will happen next. So I just wanted to write down my feelings of how lucky and blessed I feel and pray for all that are still on that journey to get to pregnancy. It's a hard long road but you never have to do it alone!

1 comment: