Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Clomid, the drug of our choice

Written: Aug 30, 2011

I feel like all I do is read up on IUI, and IVF and any infertility stuff I can get my hands on, and still with everything I read I have no clue what is going on.
I am so grateful for a close friend who is going through the exact same treatments as me at the exact day, just for her #th time. She has been  my go to nurse I call with all my questions. She has been there and is still there and we are each others' cheerleaders.
So, I started Clomid for the first time every last night. I was surprised because when I first saw my RE he said we would start on 50mg a day for 5 days, but then yesterday he said we were going to do 100mg! I was excited we are trying our hardest on the first round. I took it at night, because my good friend told me to, it can make you sleepy. I was working this morning and felt fine. It wasn't until lunch time I got a bad headache and felt nausea, and to make it worst I was out quilt shopping with my mom and her friends far away from home. After just trying to think about breathing and not throwing up in front of everyone I started to feel better, whoo that's just day 1 with this stuff. Bring on the hot flashes!

No comments:

Post a Comment